Before arriving to our office:
- You must know the company name and address to where your results will be mailed to. Please have this information written down.
- You must know your ORC code/codes aka “Reason Codes.” The Codes are mandatory per BCI/FBI as they pertain to your profession and basically tells BCI/FBI the reason you are being fingerprinted and which category you fall under. You will need to call your employer or the company that sent you to us to get your “Reason codes” needed as you cannot be printed without a code. BCI has a series of codes and FBI has a series of codes. See below.
- If your employer or advisor does not know which code/codes that you need they will have to call and get that information for you. A link to the codes are listed below. Keep in mind that if you select the wrong code/codes BCI and FBI will make you get fingerprinted again using the correct codes and at your expense (you will have to pay again as there are no refunds and BCI will not make changes for you)
- Keep in mind that if you arrive and do not have the information above with you we will ask that you return to your vehicle and call your employer to get it. We cannot help select your codes or make phone calls for you. There are hundreds of codes to choose from. It is up to you to get the correct information before arriving to our office.
- Our goal is to get you in and out as quickly as possible and without hesitation. We will be limited on time spent with those that are hard to print. *If you have had trouble in the past please start conditioning with Corn Huskers Lotion right away. Hard to print individuals will be asked to return if we cannot get your prints.
- BCI reason codes: link: https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Publications-Files/Background-Check-Publications/BCI-Background-Check-Reason-Codes-(PDF).aspx
- FBI reason codes: https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Publications-Files/Background-Check-Publications/FBI-Background-Check-Reason-Codes-(PDF).aspx